Top 100 Songs

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Andrea's Song List

Here's my list. It's not rated, just alphabetical. I didn't include anything from the past year or so because I may get sick of them eventually. These are songs that have stood the test of time for me. Some bands (Sonic Youth, Flaming Lips, Tricky) or genres (stoner rock, math-rock, psychedelia) are more album-oriented, so I might have different choices for best albums. Conversely, genres such as power pop and 60s garage rock are more suited to singles. I think a band can have one great song while the rest of their work is mediocre. Obviously, I don't think there is such a thing as music "everyone" must like or musical "essentials".--Andrea
Academy Fight Song--Mission Of Burma
The Ace Of Spades--Motorhead
And Then Again--Arcwelder
Another Girl, Another Planet--The Only Ones
Baby Baby--The Vibrators
Baby Come Back--The Equals
Boombastic--Shaggy
Both Ends Burning--Roxy Music
C’est Si Bon--Eartha Kitt
Complicated Fun--The Suicide Commandos
Crazy--Silverfish
Dance--ESG
Digital Love--Daft Punk
Do Anything You Wanna Do--Eddie & The Hot Rods
Don’t Talk To Me About Love--Altered Images
Driving The Dynamite Truck--Breaking Circus
Factory--Walt Mink
Fire--Ohio Players
Gigantic--The Pixies
Girl Don’t Tell Me--Gumball
Girl Of Matches--Thee Headcoats
Good Things--Sleater-Kinney
Gorilla--The Rubinoos
The Good Life--Weezer
Green Eyes--Husker Du
Hanging On The Telephone--Blondie
Have I The Right--The Honeycombs
Homosapien--Pete Shelley
Hot Wire My Heart--Crime
I Can ‘t Stand The Rain--Ann Peebles
I Must Have That Man--Billie Holiday
I Need You Around--The Smoking Popes
I Think We’re Alone Now--Lene Lovich
I Wanna Be Sedated--The Ramones
I Want Candy--Bow Wow Wow
I Want You To Want Me--Cheap Trick
I’ll Be Good To You--The Brothers Johnson
I’ll Be Your Mirror--The Velvet Underground & Nico
I’m Loose--The Stooges
The In Crowd--Bryan Ferry
International Coloring Contest--Stereolab
Into The Valley--Skids
Israelites--Desmond Dekker
It’s Shoved--The Melvins
Kerosene--Big Black
Lagartija Nick--Bauhaus
Last Caress--The Misfits
Little Willy--The Sweet
Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun--The Beastie Boys
Love Is The Law--The Suburbs
Love Will Tear Us Apart--Joy Division
Mama Said Knock You Out--LL Cool J
Map Ref. 41n 93w--Wire
Marquee Moon--Television
The More I See You--OMD
My Crotch Does Not Say Go--Frightwig
My Favorite Dress--The Wedding Present
My Valuable Hunting Knife--Guided By Voices
Nausea--X
The New Teller --Jonathan Richman
New York Groove--Ace Frehley
No Matter What--Badfinger
Nub--Jesus Lizard
O Carolina--The Folkes Brothers
Oblivious--Aztec Camera
Oh, How To Do Now--Monks
Oliver’s Army--Elvis Costello
Pata Pata Rock Steady--Patsy & Count Ossie
Pearly Dewdrops’ Drops-The Cocteau Twins
Play For Today--The Cure
Rudie Can’t Fail--The Clash
S.O.S--The BreedersSay You--Colourbox
September Gurls--Big Star
Situation--Yaz
So It Goes--Nick Lowe
Starry Eyes--The Records
Suspect Device--Stiff Little Fingers
Take A Chance On Me--ABBA
Teenage Caveman--Beat Happening
Teenage Kicks--The Undertones
Tell Mama--Etta James
Temptation--New Order
Temptation Eyes--The Grass Roots
Texas Never Whispers--Pavement
That’s Entertainment--The Jam
This Damn Nation--The Godfathers
Tired Of Being Alone--Al Green
Totally Wired--The Fall
Touch Me I’m Sick--Mudhoney
Twist Of Cain--Danzig
Up In A Puff Of Smoke--Polly Brown
Use To Be My Girl--The O’Jays
Vienna--Ultravox
Waiting Room--Fugazi
Walk On By--The Stranglers
What Do I Get?--The Buzzcocks
What We All Want (Live)--Gang Of Four
When U Were MIne--Prince
White Lines (Don’t Do It)--Grandmaster Flash & Melle Mel
20th Century Boy --T. Rex
I Can't Control Myself-- Troggs
Tempted--Squeeze

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home